Authors: MetaFactory Gardeners
Reduce supply of ROBOT by sunsetting buyer rewards + increase demand with staking mechanics, ROBOT exclusive drops, and additional perks / utility.
Since the launch of MetaFactory, $ROBOT has been leveraged as the primary governance mechanic of the DAO and heavily distributed via buyer rewards as an onboarding mechanic to reward supporters of the MetaFactory vision of a decentralized headless brand – a factory of factories. $ROBOT has also been used to reward designers, collaborating brands, operations and labor.
Just last month we hit the $1.6m revenue threshold in the distribution schedule, which triggered the next buyer/designer reward distribution as follows:
- 3929.9 ROBOT to Buyers
- 2146.4 ROBOT to Designers
- Total 6076.3 ROBOT in this distribution to 813 unique wallets
This distribution is now available to claim at my.metafactory.ai
To begin transitioning towards longterm token sustainability and healthy growth, there has been discussions on scaling back token distributions and introducing “token sinks” for increased utility / demand. This proposal outlines some initial changes to ROBOT tokenomics that will set the stage for a larger “v2 tokenomics” revamp in the future.
- Circulating Supply: 220,525
- Maximum Supply: 420,000
Primary proposed change to tokenomics (for vote):
- Sunset buyer rewards moving forward
- Direct fiat revenue share with designers / brands to reduce ROBOT sell pressure
Future direction (for feedback / discussion):
- Introduce ROBOT staking mechanics for discounts and other perks/rewards
- Stake X ROBOT for Y months = unlock 5-40% discount on all drops
- Get an exclusive NFT representing your stake, used as a token gate for other experiences / increased governance weight
- Periodic giveaways of physical / digital goods and explore curated benefits with aligned partners
- Debut exclusive products and experiences around $ROBOT
- Digital only drops purchased in ROBOT
- Spend ROBOT to get MF VRM avatar NFTs to customize with your wearables
- Continue work on Curation Game via MetaFactory’s web3 native multiplayer design tool
- New design tool from Twisted and Team for web3 native collaborative merch design interface. Chat + file sharing + realtime multiplayer 3d layout and visualization + asset packs with built in licencing = anyone can go from idea to product in a single interface, drops curated via ROBOT token.
- Alpha Leak:
Would love to get feedback from others on these ideas, and hear other potential ways to improve ROBOT tokenomics!