This post walks through a proposed format for making a governance proposal to the MetaFactory DAO and community.
Obviously there will be some proposals that don’t require a whole lot of detail/explanation, but please try to follow the structure anyway! Even if it’s only a sentence or two per heading
A governance proposal is a formal mechanism for making decisions about how our community and platform grow. Key points to keep in mind include:
- Title - Post each proposal with a clear title around its objective. This will look as follows: [Proposal] - XXXXXX
- Detail - While we encourage everyone to participate, please try to consider all viewpoints and provide a deep level of detail regarding the thoughts that went into a proposal.
- Voting - There is no hard criteria regarding what deems a proposal eligible to be implemented, though a good rule of thumb is the more engagement it has, the more likely it is to be incorporated.
- Ethos - The goal of governance is to create a more inclusive and empowering system for all stakeholders. We encourage proposal creators to center their ideas around how a proposal helps MetaFactory drop purchasers, artists/designers, partners and team members better interact with one another, and how these changes create a more fluent ecosystem for all those interacting with the platform and community.
When you’re ready to submit a proposal, please follow the format below to the best of your ability:
- Background - 2-3 sentences on who is making the proposal and any wider context.
- Abstract - Summary introducing the proposal, what it entails and details around what would change should the proposal be implemented.
- Motivation - Describe the motivation behind the proposal, the problem(s) it solves and the value it adds. This is your chance to show why this proposal is necessary, and how the changes would benefit the MetaFactory community if implemented.
- Specification - Describe the “meat & potatoes” of the proposal. Go into deep detail around the changes that will happen both on a technical and social level. The more detail, the better.
- Benefits - Point out core benefits of the proposal implementation and how it will affect the system.
- Drawbacks - Highlight any drawbacks from implementing the proposal and points to consider regarding the change.