MetaFactory is a DAO and experimental brand acting as a “Factory of Factories” that can support flexibility and expansion via members and partners building ontop of/utilizing it’s physical production/fulfillment, tooling and digital infrastructure. With this identity it opens up a need to be highly malleable and I believe it could benefit from a structured Seasonal approach to catalyze more efficient transitions and improvements to the following:
- Smoother adjustments to active contributor roster, core team and compensation mechanisms
- Product Limited Edition supply caps for seasonal scarcity/collectability (themed product add-ons/inserts)
- Seasonal Grails: e.g. MetaGear New Horizons jacket
- Seasonal HaLo Passports FTW
- $ROBOT and profit sharing standards for collaborating brands, designers, techs and seasonal contributors
- Partner support rotation. e.g. Bankless collection support for a Season – adjust terms of production/design support, output and rates. Restrictions and DAO curation for in-bound to match active team bandwidth and prevent burnout and keep sustainable
- The blank meta and production partner reviews/changes.
- b2b service DAO rates and catalog adjustments. Scaling additional MF offerings like HaLo chip improvements and Day 1 wearables.
- Defined budget contraints for IRL Events and other scoped projects/initiative with KPI reviews and retrospectives
- $ROBOT holder & LP perks and rewards (physical & digital)
- General tokenomic adjustments and investor opportunities
- Highlighting and rewarding Robots that execute the dopest improvements and contributions to MetaFactory during a given season
- Cleaner transitions for segmenting backend project managment and product databases
- Visual and design adjustments to MetaFactory global themes (website, shop, 3D shop changes, wearable NFT aesthetics, etc)
- Digital experiences: e.g. one Robot avatar drop per season designed for interop wearable support
- Featured OM digital platform experiences: Webaverse Season, etc
- Adjustments to our tools and resource meta for collaboration and optimal workflows
Timeline: This can be activated as a transition from Beta to Season 1 in Q1 2023. Alternatively, it could transition from Alpha to Beta for 6 months, with Season 1 beginning ~July 2023.
- With the bear market and MetaFactory’s plan to be around perpetually rather than playing into the goldrush grifter bs we witnessed in 2021-2022, I think sustainable pacing and allowing ample time to refine MF-OS and the new standardized practices for collab drops, collection support and our b2b service dao offerings would be good. Don’t need to rush, touch some grass.
- Season lengths could last 6 months or 1 year
- “Season” could be replaced with a sexier term if it fits the concept and is clear
Please share any thoughts, feedbacks, additional pros, cons, etc