Electing Multisig Signers

Now that we have our governance portal setup, it’s time for us to elect the signers for the MetaFactory multisig!

Since we aren’t a DeFi protocol with a lot of power and funds lying in the multisig, I don’t think we need to get too crazy with something like a 6 of 9 or anything right away, it would get tedious to wait for everyone to sign when we just want to mint some NFTs or something. Protecting the ROBOT stash is the main purpose. IMO, a 3 of 4 or Max 4 of 6 multisig would be good enough for now, curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

In terms of electing people, it would be best to have people that are actively involved / participating and know what’s going on so we don’t have to wait around for them to respond. Anyone who would like to step up to the responsibility, reply here with a short write up of why you would be a good person to add to the multisig.

EDIT: vote on snapshot: https://snapshot.page/#/metafactory/proposal/QmSLsrYoy9Bw83C2f7GzjTBxZR3X2jA23zqd67QuMgCRXV

5 Likes

I would like to nominate @burningfiat since he’s been there from the start and is the most OG ROBOT and as involved as could be in MetaFactory

5 Likes

I concur with the nomination of @burningfiat, and I would also nominate @METADREAMER for the same role.

3 Likes

My nominees are @burningfiat @METADREAMER @penguin

3 Likes

My humble vote goes to @metadreamer and @burningfiat as well and I’d also like to add @sky

1 Like

Concur with all nominees so far.

I know they are all dead but can we get someone from $BASED? They are so dank and no one is more trustworthy than a dead man

1 Like

I’ll nominate @kiba as well since it’s good to have people not in the same “in groups” (e.g all MetaCartel OGs), and he also showed willingness to engage in healthy discourse / criticism, so it’s good to have people with diverse opinions on things.

2 Likes

Thanks for the nomination but I will have to recuse myself. I’m constantly traveling and have super inconsistent sleep/work schedule and internet access so I won’t be able to fulfill the duties. If my personal life changes (which I’m hoping is by end of 2021) I’ll be happy to accept :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@burningfiat @METADREAMER @penguin

1 Like

since the total number of members should be odd in order to tie break, I nominate @burningfiat @METADREAMER @penguin @sky @Sinkas

2 Likes

I agree with not needing too make it too cumbersome to act. We should prioritize availability and brand loyalty. Decisions will be made by the DAO and signers are a gate to make sure funds are used as intended.

Thank you very much for nomination. I humbly agree with @jamesyoung for the selection.

1 Like

Vote on snapshot: https://snapshot.page/#/metafactory/proposal/QmSLsrYoy9Bw83C2f7GzjTBxZR3X2jA23zqd67QuMgCRXV